Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about The Okura Prestige Bangkok, but here are a few of the very best things that guests will thoroughly enjoy about the luxury Bangkok hotel:
1. Location. Occupying 34 floors of the Park Ventures Ecoplex at the corner of Ploenchit and Wireless roads, The Okura Prestige’s ideal location in the heart of Bangkok’s new city center is perfect. Hugely popular lifestyle malls such as Central Embassy, Siam Paragon, CentralWorld Plaza and Terminal 21 are within walking distance, and when you’re ready to go further afield, a BTS Skytrain is adjacent to the hotel.
2. Swimming pool. We can’t stop raving about the uniquely cantilevered infinity pool at The Okura Prestige Bangkon. Perched on the 25th floor, this 82-foot-long swimming hole is a thing of beauty.
3. Views. The luxury hotel’s infinity pool isn’t the only spot from which you’ll enjoy memorable views of Bangkok. The 24th-floor lobby features massive floor-to-ceiling windows, and the outdoor terrace at Up & Above Restaurant and Bar — also located on the 24th floor — is a scenic, stylish spot to snack and sip cocktails.
4. Dining. You owe it to yourself to get out there and eat your way through Bangkok’s legendary culinary landscape, but we suggest also squeezing in a meal or three at The Okura Prestige, where you can feast on gourmet Japanese (Yamazato), Euro-fusion (Elements) and international (Up & Above Restaurant and Bar) cuisine. In other words, plan on eating a lot in Bangkok — and eating really, really well.
5. Okura Club. Free local calls, complimentary mini-bar beverages and garment pressing are all nifty amenities included in Okura Club rooms, but what truly sets these rooms at The Okura Prestige apart is access to the luxury hotel’s Club Lounge for complimentary beverages and snacks throughout the day and unlimited cocktails and canapés during the evening.