Answers from Our Experts (1)
Some of the best things to eat and drink at The Okura Prestige Bangkok includes everything from an exclusive craft beer to inventive set menus at an acclaimed international restaurant. Here’s our full list of the best things to eat and drink at this luxe property:
1. Morimoto Soba Ale. Take note, craft beer geeks — this luxury Bangkok hotel is the only place in town where you can get your hands on a big bottle of Morimoto Soba Ale, a collaboration between Oregon microbrewery Rogue Ales and Iron Chef’s Masaharu Morimoto. It’s a splurge at more than $30 a bottle, but who’s counting?
2. Phad kra prao gai rue moo. Even though The Okura Prestige comes from a Japanese hotel group, it wouldn’t be right to checkout having not tried at least one Thai dish; you are in Bangkok, after all. With that said, there are a number of tempting Thai options on the room-service menu, but we’ve never met a plate of this stir-fried masterpiece, made with chilis, garlic, hot basil and either minced chicken or pork, we didn’t love.
3. Ultimate beef burger. A hamburger on steroids, this decadent room-service platter features a thick, juicy beef patty topped with cheese, shallots and a fried egg, then stuffed inside a savory tomato-rosemary bun.
4. Salaryman. One of five signature sake cocktails served at Up & Above Restaurant and Bar, the Salaryman is like a sour Brazilian-style mojito that’s been reimagined with Eastern ingredients that include lychee, lemongrass and, of course, sake.
5. Set menu. The seasonal five- or eight-course menus offered at Elements change regularly, so while we can’t say what exactly will be available during your visit, we’re confident that chef de cuisine Henry Jordan won’t disappoint. Advance reservations are recommended.