Classic luxury in Barcelona
Located in the heart of Barcelona's most luxurious shopping district, Passeig de Gràcia, Majestic Hotel & Spa boasts one the most desirable locations in the city. The impressive neoclassical façade together with the great service is the landmark of the hotel, which opened in 1918 and is still run by the same original family. The Majestic is far from stuffy and staid, though, and has been renovated to reflect a sophisticated but still classic ethos.
It holds one of the best private modern art collections in Barcelona — contemporary works span the 20th century, with significant contributions from Antoni Tàpies, Richard Long and Anish Kapoor. The rooftop pool and bar are crowd pleasers, as are the spa and first-floor restaurant.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• La Dolce Vitae offers some of the best views in the city from its rooftop terrace perch. Combine the views with a light lunch, dinner or cocktails and champagne.
• Majestic Spa offers exclusive Perricone MD anti-aging treatments and products along with a slew of other indulgent services, from massages and facials to hydro-therapy and wraps.
• Every afternoon a shoe shiner comes to the Barcelona hotel, where there is a chair dedicated for this purpose, maintaining the 20-year tradition.
What to Know
• The hotel is known as a meeting place for local intellectuals and El Bar del Majestic is a place to see and to be seen. It has live music in the evenings and becomes a modern day piano bar.
• Brunch in El Restaurante del Majestic is well known in the city for its buffet and the ability to watch dishes as they are being prepared.
• The Majestic is in an ideal location in the heart of Passeig de Gràcia. Shopping experiences can be arranged by the concierge, but you’ll want to hit the glam boutiques on the block, including big names Chanel, Bulgari, Gucci and Louis Vuitton.
• The recently renovated 276 rooms and 41 suites exude classic elegance with some contemporary touches. Updated neo-classical grandeur is muted but still flourishes with creamy whites, billowy drapes and white marble bathrooms stocked with high-end products.
• The Royal Penthouse has a living room, dining room and bar plus two bedrooms and includes services such as a luxury chauffeur-driven car and a personal butler. The Jacuzzi on the private terrace delivers spectacular views of the city.
• The Condal is an intimate fine-dining restaurant located on level one of the luxury hotel and is open for dinner only. It offers a seasonal menu designed by acclaimed chef Nandu Jubany.
• Bar del Majestic and its Fashion Afternoon Tea combines sweet and savory snacks with coffee, tea or champagne. Sweet treats are inspired by the neighboring fashion boutiques.
• The rooftop bar La Dolce Vitae offers a list of traditional tapas dishes like Iberian ham, Catalan bread with tomato, oysters and artisan burrata. The comprehensive wine and cocktail menu mean you have tons of tipples to choose from while taking in one of the legendary sunsets.