Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many things we love about China World Summit Wing, Beijing but if we had to pick just a handful, here’s what we’d choose:
1. The views. You’ll be hard-pressed to find better views in Beijing than those at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel. All rooms boast a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows that give you a bird’s eye view of the Chinese capital. The best views are those that face west towards the Forbidden City, but really, no matter where you look, prepare to be awed.
2. The rooms. Even the standard-sized guest rooms here are spacious at nearly 600 square feet, and have been fashioned with luxurious finishes and decorative elements that blend a contemporary, Western aesthetic with Asian accents. From the white marble bathrooms to the carved wood walls, every element in the room feels elegant.
3. The pool and gym. You don’t often find an indoor infinity pool high up in the clouds, and coupled with a top-notch herbal steam room, spacious vitality pool, and gym with state-of-the art equipment. You’ll find just about very amenity you’d want here, from Gatorade to chilled towels — in fact, you might just find yourself wanting to work out while on vacation or on your business trip.
4. The speedy service. We were thoroughly impressed at how promptly staff replied to our inquires and requests. Whether you’re calling down to request an extra toothbrush or need assistance with your bags when checking out, the staff will be at your door in record speed. Even room service came a swift 14 minutes after we called in our order.
5. Grill 79. Adam Tihany did a beautiful job designing the hotel’s main restaurant — which, as the staff loves pointing out, is the highest restaurant in Beijing. You’ll find upscale contemporary cuisine that rivals any otherworld capital; even the buffet breakfast is a treat, with its expansive dim sum offerings, fresh fruits and yogurt parfaits, baked goods galore and eggs made to order.