Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning to book a room at Fairmont Hotel Beijing, there are several things you should know beforehand. Here are just a few of them:
1. Location. The hotel is located on the east side of the city, in the Central Business District. Taxis are easy to find off the main thoroughfare, while Yonganli subway station on Line 1 is just two blocks away.
2. Gold Club. Guests have the option of booking a room or suite with access to the Fairmont Gold Club on the hotel’s 20th floor in the distinctive skybridge. With a pampering breakfast spread, afternoon tea and a cocktail hour with canapés, plus a meeting room and plenty of comfy seating, it’s a hard amenity to turn down.
3. Recreational facilities. Be sure to make time to relax and visit the 21st floor of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, which houses a three-story facility on the skybridge with a Willow Stream Spa, large gym, yoga studio, indoor swimming pool and fully equipped locker rooms with steam room.
4. Tai chi classes. For a small fee, guests can book a lesson with the hotel’s resident tai chi master, which comes with a traditional tai chi costume to wear while practicing this ancient meditation.
5. City view from rooms. The guest rooms at the luxury hotel offer a more urban view of the surrounding Central Business District, replete with commercial buildings and condominiums. It’s not exactly a peaceful view, but guests can request a room on a higher floor to provide some distance from the busy streets below.