Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things about Fairmont Beijing Hotel, a luxury hotel in China’s capital, are:
1. Restaurant options. Guests won’t have any trouble choosing a place to satisfy their hunger pangs with all of the options at Fairmont Beijing Hotel, from Lobby Lounge Bar and Lunar 8 (an all-day dining restaurant with buffet and much-lauded Peking duck) to Champagne Bar and The Cut, the hotel’s award-winning steakhouse.
2. Gold Lounge. Guests in Fairmont Gold rooms have access to the living room-style Gold Lounge on the 20th floor, housed in the hotel’s skybridge and all the luxuries that come with it, including a tempting breakfast spread, English and Chinese afternoon teas, and an evening cocktail hour.
3. Location. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is conveniently located in the Central Business District on the east side of Beijing, with taxis easily accessible and the Yonganli Line 1 subway station just two blocks away from the front entrance.
4. Spa. A Willow Stream Spa is spread over three levels of the hotel’s distinctive skybridge with a view of the city from 22 levels above, and offers a range of face, body and salon treatments.
5. Recreation facilities. Guests forgoing the spa can still achieve bliss with a full-circuit of the hotel’s recreation facilities, including a large gym, yoga studio, locker rooms with steam room, indoor swimming pool and tai chi lessons provided by appointment by the hotel’s resident master.