Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are five things to know about the newly renovated Kerry Hotel, Beijing:
1. Complimentary mini-bar. Go ahead and pig out — all beverages and snacks in the mini-bars are complimentary, including sodas, juices, beers, nuts, crackers, cookies and more.
2. More business-oriented. The hotel has a relaxed yet upscale vibe, but still caters more to conference-goers and business travelers.
3. No on-site spa. The hotel does not have its own spa, though guests are welcome to use the spa in sister hotel China World Summit Wing next-door; staff is able to make reservations for guests.
4. Connected to China World. Handy especially in the winter months, the hotel is connected by a glass-enclosed sky bridge to the China World Mall, which in turn is just steps away from Guomao subway station.
5. Kerry Sports. When we visited, the three-level monster recreation center was under renovation — slated to open in May 2013 — and the gym was temporarily housed in a conference room.