Answers from Our Experts (1)
When staying at The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street, you are not staying in an area densely populated with restaurants, so it’s a good thing the food at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is so delicious. Here are our favorite things to eat and drink while staying at the hotel.
1. Singaporean prawn wonton soup at Greenfish. A twist on the pork-filled dumplings found in most wonton soups, these shrimp-filled delicacies are served in a flavorful broth with green vegetables and one head-on shrimp with a butterflied tail.
2. The lunch buffet. Though Greenfish also offers a la carte options for lunch and dinner, we love the lunch buffet because you can sample a variety of traditional Chinese fare, like dim sum, fried pork ribs and stir-fried noodles, as well as curried soups made to order. And the dessert bar features a chocolate fondue tower that you can dip pre-cut fruits on a stick into.
3. Any cocktail. With its lengthy cocktail menu, there is something for everyone at Crystal Bar & Lounge and going during happy hour means you can sample two drinks for the price of one.
4. Ma Pa Tofu. At Qi, the restaurant on the second floor of the hotel that features Chinese cuisine, we love the slightly spicy tofu stewed with minced beef. Make sure to alternate with steamed rice between bites.
5. The fruit selection. Whether it’s on the breakfast, lunch or dinner buffet, Greenfish offers a variety of exotic fruits like dragon fruit and lychees, as well as kiwi, papaya and pineapple.