Answers from Our Experts (1)
Boston Harbor Hotel’s location on the beautiful Boston waterfront gives you unlimited options for activities near the hotel:
1. New England Aquarium. Located just a few blocks from the Boston Harbor Hotel, the aquarium is a favorite for kids, especially the when the playful penguins are out.
2. Faneuil Hall. The historical Faneuil Hall, where state officials used to meet prior to the building of the state house, is now an open market, complete with retail shops, restaurants and stalls selling Boston souvenirs. On any given day, live street performers will entertain you as you stroll through. During the summer months, there is a carousel right outside Faneuil Hall, where kids can ride for $2.
3. Boston Harbor Cruise. Rowes Wharf and the neighboring Long Wharf are Boston’s best access for harbor cruises, and you can book them with Boston Harbor Hotel's concierge. The jaunts range from inner island tours to whale-watching and sunset dinner cruises.
4. North End. Boston’s North End neighborhood, where Paul Revere lived and hung lanterns in the Old North Church signaling the coming of the British, is a short walk from the Five-Star hotel. This is also the North End, Boston’s Little Italy, where you’ll find streets lined with Italian restaurants, cafes and pastry shops.
5. The Children’s Museum. Kids up to age 10 will love the interactive activities at The Boston Children’s Museum. The museum emphasizes hands-on engagement, using some of the most popular characters in children’s culture, including Arthur.