Answers from Our Experts (1)
XV Beacon welcomes guests of all ages to its statuesque hotel on Beacon Hill, but it's important to note that the hotel doesn't offer a lot in the way of specific children's activities or amenities. Still, families shouldn’t rule it out. While it might not be an obvious choice for the pint-size set, here are five reasons why it might be the perfect fit for a family trip:
1. The friendly check-in: Let the hotel know ahead of time that you'll be traveling with your kids and you'll find special welcome baskets, stuffed animals, milk and cookies and a few Boston-specific novelty items placed in your room to make the kids feel at home.
2. The special packages and promotions: XV Beacon offers a special package for kids/families each season, which generally includes tickets to popular museums or tours.
3. The hotel’s location: While the hotel itself doesn’t offer activities for kids, there is so much for them to love right near the hotel, including a great aquarium, parks galore, a great children’s museum and, of course, historical attractions that will make them young experts in the American Revolution. In spring, be sure to take them for a ride on the Swan Boats through the Public Garden’s lagoon. Kids also love the Ducklings Statues, erected as a tribute to Robert McCloskey’s classic children’s book.
4. The dog-friendly policy: XV Beacon's pet-friendly ambiance makes it easy to travel with the entire family. Dogs of all sizes are welcome at the hotel.
5. DVD/Video games: There is a DVD player in all guest rooms and you can request movies from the concierge. Switch on the fireplace, roll around the Frette sheets and order breakfast from Mooo while you catch a flick. You can also request a Wii from the concierge and a few video games to keep them happy.