Answers from Our Experts (1)
Couples will find Wequassett Resort and Golf Club the perfect hideaway. You can hide inside your cottage, cuddle up by the fire or lounge on your private deck, without ever having to mingle with others. Or you join the following resort activities that are perfect for couples who want to add a little activity to their rest and relaxation.
1. Sunset cruise. How romantic is it to sail the shores of Cape Cod at sunset? Our Forbes Travel Guide editors think the foliage of the Cape, coupled with the ambiance of the rocky shores and soft waves, is about as romantic as it gets. Sign up for a sunset cruise and enjoy a glass of wine or champagne as you watch the sun set on the west side of the Cape.
2. Couples tennis. Up for some friendly competition? Play your partner in a game of tennis, or team up against another couple for a friendly competition. You can rent court space through the tennis pro shop for $30 an hour. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend a soak in the Jacuzzi after a good game.
3. Boat to Outer Beach. The Outer Beach is one of the most pristine beaches on the Cape Cod National Seashore. Sign up for a boat ride and let the hotel plan a romantic picnic for two. The boats are daily and run every hour, depending on the weather.
4. Double kayak. What’s more romantic than paddling for two? Rent a double kayak ($35 for one hour, $52 for two hours or $62 for half a day) and hit the waters of Pleasant Bay.
5. Star gazing. Cuddle up on one of the pool’s lounge chairs or in a private cabana while gazing at the stars on a clear night in Cape Cod. A local astrology expert will guide the program with the aid of iPads and telescopes. The star gazing takes place on Fridays from 9 to 10:30 p.m. and requires that you sign up with the concierge if you want to attend.