Answers from Our Experts (1)
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club is located in Chatham, Mass., which is one of Cape Cod’s most historic towns and a favorite among locals and visitors. Before booking your stay here, you’ll want to consider a few of the following things.
1. Open seasonally. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club is only open from April to November. The resort closes for the winter months, when Cape Cod is generally void of tourists, so there are no winter holiday events or packages offered here. It is very much a summer vacation retreat.
2. Golf course off-site. The Four-Star resort has an arrangement with the private Cape Cod National golf course, which is about three miles away. As a guest of the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, you’ll have access to the course daily for a fee of $140 per person.
3. Resort fee. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club charges a $16 a day resort fee. This covers things like the daily shuttle service, Internet access and some of the resort’s planned activities.
4. Great for kids. If there’s one thing we really admire about Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, it’s the resort’s focus on kids and families. It offers endless planned activities for kids during the summer months, making this family vacation almost feel like summer camp.
5. The beach. While not specific to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, it’s important to point out to new visitors to Cape Cod that the beaches here are notoriously rocky. New England is known for its rocky shores, and while beautiful in their own right, their lack of sand might come as somewhat of a shock to newcomers. The beach at the resort is as picturesque as they come on Cape Cod, but you’ll want to be sure to bring some good shoes for walking around so you don’t get stuck on the rocks.