Answers from Our Experts (2)
1. The Children’s Center offers a wide range of amenities for kids, from tots to young adults. The space features a nautical-themed playground with pirate ships and treasure chests, customized with age appropriate slides, run ramps, climbing and swinging ropes. There is also an aquatic playground with fountains, sprays, an amphitheatre and an outdoor dining area. The center is equipped with numerous high-tech amenities, including a 135” HD screen, Wii, Playstaion 3 and Xbox 360. The Children’s Center offers innovative, educational, fun and whimsical programming for children ages 2 to 12.
2. An old-fashioned Good Humor truck visits the pool daily offering complimentary ice cream novelties.
3. Dive-In Movie is a nighttime poolside event that shows a family-friendly film under the stars, where popcorn and traditional movie snacks are served.
4. An old-fashioned country store features penny candy, toys, games and stuffed animals.
5. A Children’s Garden provides kids the opportunity to learn about local plants and vegetables in a unique and protected setting.
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club offers a slew of great amenities for children. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort is super family friendly and we simply love Cape Cod in the summer. Here’s what the resort has for kids.
1. A pool. The pool is the place to be during the summer at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Kids can splash around during the day with toys and tubes and relax at night when the resort hosts its “dive-in” movies.
2. Children’s center. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club children’s center is a haven for kids ages 2 to 12. The center is open daily and is equipped with Nintendo, Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStations. There’s a small splash pool with a fountain, water canons, rope climbing, swings, running ramps and an outdoor dining area. During July and August, there are specific programs catered to toddlers (ages 2 to 4) and kids (4 to 12).
3. Planned activities. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club plans specific activities for kids during the summer. Cooking classes take place in the kitchen for kids ages 5 to 12; a ringmaster arrives poolside every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. for face painting and magic tricks; and the “dive-in” movie happens poolside every Thursday starting at 8 p.m.
4. Sailing lessons. Nauti Jane’s offers sailing lessons for kids ages 8 to 13 in the calm waters of Pleasant Bay. Group lessons are an hour and a half and take place Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Nauti Jane’s will provide life jackets, while experts give lessons on rigging, launching and derigging boats. Of course, private sailing lessons are available for adults and kids, and they are mostly done in the morning or midday, when the weather is at its best.
5. Kids’ menus. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club does a great job catering to kids at mealtime. In any of the resort’s restaurants you’ll find a kids’ menu, which features child-friendly eats like burgers, hot dogs, pastas, pizzas and desserts. The kids’ menus are priced much lower than the regular menus, making them an affordable option for family meals.