Answers from Our Experts (1)
While Cape Cod is one of New England’s top travel destinations, there are few luxury resorts in the area that offer an upscale environment or elevated service. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club fills this gap with its collection of suites and cottages, each tucked away in a gated community fronting Pleasant Bay. Here are some of our favorite things at this Cape Cod resort.
1. Planned activities. During the summer months, Wequassett Resort and Golf Club hosts a variety of planned activities, including family barbecues, “dive-in movies” at the pool, cooking classes, fitness programs and water sports. An activity schedule is printed weekly and is available at the concierge desk.
2. Children’s Center. The resort’s Children’s Center offers planned activities for kids ages 2 to 12. You’ll find a new activity schedule at the center each week; but if there’s nothing going on, you can just take your kids to the center to hang out.
3. Water sports. Head to Nauti Jane’s, the resort’s water sports center, to take up some water activities during your stay. Nauti Jane’s rents out boats, arranges swimming and sailing lessons and offers customized boat rides such as sunset tours and martini cruises throughout the week.
4. Rooms and cottages. The rooms at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club are not your typical hotel rooms. All of them are set in “cottage buildings” that are named after a flower; each comes complete with a private balcony (most feature water or ocean views as well). If your family needs a little extra space, you can opt for an individual cottage; but we love staying in the Signature Collection waterfront rooms which have individual fire pits on the private terraces.
5. Shuttle Service. The Cape Cod resort offers a free shuttle service if you want to take in a day of golf or explore the nearby towns. It’s available seven days a week from 6 a.m. to midnight.