Answers from Our Experts (2)
1. Smart and casual resort attire
2. Bathing suit with cover-up
3. Wrap, shawl or lightweight sweater for the evening
4. Comfortable shoes or sandals
5. Hat for sun protection
When you stay at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, everything is literally steps from your guest room, including two resort shops where you can pick up stuff you might forget to pack. While you’re still doing your best to remember everything, however, here are five essentials for a vacation at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star resort.
1. Swimsuits. You’ll want multiple swimsuits for your trip to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Its extensive water activities will keep you in your suit for a good part of the day. You’ll want a clean suit to change into the next day when you either head back into the water or indulge in a relaxing day at the pool.
2. Light sweater/wraps. It can get chilly at night on Cape Cod, even during the summer months. Don’t forget to pack a wrap or light sweater for your stay at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. The resort offers some great nighttime activities, including the Jazz Festival and stargazing events, and you’ll want to be comfortable.
3. Boat shoes. Regular flip-flops might not cut it on the rocky shores of Cape Cod. Consider bringing a pair of sturdy boat shoes for your visit to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. The boating activities are endless — from fishing charters to sunset cruises – and you’ll want shoes that hold up under any water conditions.
4. Walking shoes. One of the best things about Cape Cod is its blend of beach and nature. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club hosts nature hikes and walking tours, which offer some of the most beautiful views of Chatham and Pleasant Bay. Bring a pair of walking shoes with you so you can take part in an early morning hike or walk through town.
5. Resort wear. While it’s perfectly acceptable to lounge around all day in your swimsuit at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, you’ll want some resort wear (golf shirts, Dockers, skirts, sweaters, etc.) for dining here, as well as for exploring other areas on the Cape. The Cape is very casual, but a tank top and beach shorts might not always work. Many of the nearby restaurants, including Wequassett Resort and Golf Club’s Twenty-Eight Atlantic, request that you cover up for the evening (a perfect excuse to go out and buy some cute new summer clothes).