Answers from Our Experts (2)
Twenty-Eight Atlantic is Wequassett Resort and Golf Club’s signature restaurant, and during high-season travel months, it can be the social center of the resort. Non-resort guests are welcome to dine here, but everyone planning a visit should take note of these important tid-bits before you go.
1. Breakfast. Twenty-Eight Atlantic has turned breakfast into an art form. During July and August, the guests of Wequassett Resort and Golf Club converge on Twenty-Eight Atlantic first thing in the morning for some serious power food. The restaurant has an à la carte menu as well as a breakfast buffet. Our advice? Come hungry.
2. Fine dining meets family-friendly. One of the things we enjoy most about Twenty-Eight Atlantic is its ability to introduce fine dining to patrons of all ages. It is a family-friendly restaurant, especially during breakfast, and has a full children’s menu for younger diners.
3. Not open for lunch. Despite what it says on its website or OpenTable, we’ve been told from the resort itself that Twenty-Eight Atlantic is not open for lunch. The restaurant only serves breakfast and dinner. We suggest finding a good clam shack along Route 6 for lunch, then filling up on a Four-Star dinner that evening.
4. Seafood focus. As you might expect from a fine-dining establishment on Cape Cod, Twenty-Eight Atlantic has a seafood-heavy menu. There are other items to be had as well — steaks, pastas and salads — but the focus is the fresh fish, from day boat scallops to lobster sourced in the cold waters off Coastal Maine.
5. Thoreau’s. One of our favorite features at Twenty-Eight Atlantic is its adjacent bar, Thoreau’s. It’s just as sophisticated as Twenty-Eight Atlantic but with a twist. Thoreau’s is a clubby, cigar-and-martini bar, complete with oversized leather chairs, a huge fireplace and dark lighting to set the mood. You can hang here while you wait for your table at Twenty-Eight Atlantic, or stop in for an after-dinner drink.
1. It is the only Four-Star, Four Diamond restaurant on Cape Cod.
2. The setting at Twenty-Eight Atlantic is stunning, with breathtaking water views.
3. The restaurant’s seasonally changing menu features the finest local fish and produce.
4. The service at Twenty-Eight Atlantic is gracious and attentive
5. Many special occasions are celebrated at Twenty-Eight Atlantic, from marriage proposals to birthdays and anniversaries.