Answers from Our Experts (2)
Twenty-Eight Atlantic focuses its menu on fresh seafood with farm-to-table vegetable and fruit accompaniments. The menu at the Cape Cod restaurant changes seasonally, so it’s hard to know what will be available when you dine here. However, there are five things you should keep your eyes peeled for.
1. Pleasant Bay oysters. It doesn’t get fresher than oysters shucked directly from the bay where the restaurant sits. Six oysters on the half shell come accompanied by cucumber granita, lemon and cocktail sauce.
2. Striped bass. This fish is a local favorite on Cape Cod. It’s served at Twenty-Eight Atlantic over eggplant caviar with red pepper purée, zucchini and squash.
3. Butter braised lobster. You can’t go wrong with lobster when you’re on the Cape, and Twenty-Eight Atlantic does it right with summer corn, fennel-potato gratin and stuffed clam. Make sure to tell your server if you want your lobster cracked and separated for you, which the staff will happily do so you can avoid any messy dinner plates.
4. Poached eggs on lobster tempura. If you’re here for breakfast, this egg and lobster dish, served with Canadian bacon and a chive hollandaise sauce, is not to be missed.
5. Coconut-mascarpone stuffed French toast: Breakfast lovers will also devour this decadent take on French toast. The coconut-mascarpone filling sweetens up the toast, which is served with blueberry syrup.
There are a number of delicious options for dinner at Twenty-Eight Atlantic, no matter what you’re in the mood for.
1. Try the Atlantic halibut over sea beans, asparagus and fingerling potatoes with sauce mousseline.
2. Experience the fresh flavors of Cape Cod, and order the seared salmon and butter-poached King Crab over salsify puree and haricot vert.
3. Butter Braised Lobster with summer corn, fennel-potato gratin and “stuffed clam.”
4. Colorado lamb loin over sunchoke puree with peas, fava beans and pickled cranberries.
5. Port wine poached beef tenderloin with bone marrow crostini, mushroom consommé and baby vegetables.