Answers from Our Experts (1)
Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star The Spa at Chatham Bars Inn offers some irresistible treatments that will help you to both prepare for the days that stretch ahead on your New England holiday and further coax you into relaxing during your Cape Cod escape. Here’s our round up of some of the luxury spa’s best treatments:
1. Tides massage. As the name suggests, the spa’s signature massage mimics the ocean’s waves with long rhythmic strokes. The treatment also utilizes warm stones and seashells to further release muscle pain.
2. Arnica therapeutic massage. One of the more popular treatments, the arnica massage is performed with mountain arnica oil infused with wild sage and lavender. The massage targets pressure points and uses deep strokes to work out tension.
3. Calming facial. The spa’s calming facial is the perfect antidote for too much sun. The treatment zeroes in on inflamed, irritated skin. Of course, sun exposure isn’t the only culprit for that, so consider the gentle facial whenever you skin needs some soothing.
4. Summer at the shore. The body treatment lets you take advantage of the luxury Cape Cod spa’s signature ocean rose scent. The treatment starts with a body polish using the spa’s ocean rose foaming body polish, a concoction of raw sugar, botanical oils and antioxidants. After a rinse in the shower, you’ll be treated to a massage with ocean rose shea butter cream followed by a hydrating wrap using warm linens to seal in moisture. While your skin goes from dry and scaly to soft and smooth, your therapist will perform a neck and face massage.
5. Citrus sunset. For an energizing body treatment, try the citrus sunset. Halves of citrus fruit are used to massage jojoba wax, tangerine and pomegranate oils into the skin and gently slough off dead skin cells. A generous coating of butter cream and a warm wrap locks in hydration and the result is smooth, lovely smelling skin.