Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are a few things you should know about Park Hyatt Chicago:
1. It’s a popular spot for both business and leisure travel. At all times you will find the busy Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel full of men and women in professional suits, doll-toting families visiting American Girl Place across the street and couples indulging in shopping and eating for a weekend. The hotel is a few miles from Chicago’s Loop but it’s convenient to just about everything in the city.
2. Rates often include breakfast, so be sure to see if there’s a deal that includes a complimentary meal in NoMI Kitchen before booking your stay. The restaurant features a very nice continental breakfast bar.
3. The hotel underwent some renovations recently, with changes to the seventh-floor amenities. Longtime fans of NoMI should note that new chef Ryan LaRoche brings a more local approach to the menu. The Asian influence is still there — including the popular sushi — but there’s more of a regional focus with simpler presentations. White tablecloths are out and wood tables are in.
4. And if you choose to dine at the hotel restaurant, NoMI Kitchen, try to reserve a table near the wall of windows, so that you can get a great glimpse of the Michigan Avenue shoppers below.
5. When the weather is nice, head outside to NoMI Garden for a cocktail. Sit at the small rooftop lounge’s granite-topped teak bar amid the greenery to get some fresh air. In the winter, opt to go inside to NoMI Lounge for the hot chocolate bar — fill your cocoa with marshmallows, syrups, candy and more.