Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Peninsula Chicago goes out of its way to keep kids happy and feeling every bit as pampered as Mom and Dad. At this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, the five best amenities for little ones are:
1. The gift shop. Don’t forget to stop in and pick up a unique souvenir that the kids will be proud to add to their toy collection. We love the “Peter the Bear” teddy. Complete with a pristine white page jacket and distinctive pillbox hat, gold brocade finishes his outfit to make Peter one of the smartest dressed teddy bears in town.
2. Chocolate. Be sure to indulge in Chocolate at The Pen. On Friday and Saturday evenings feast on the most fabulous chocolate buffet prepared by executive chef Kai Lermen and executive pastry chef Celine Plano. At $40 per adults and $20 for children under 12, the all-you-can-eat display is a must-do if you happen to be in town on the weekend and have a mean sweet tooth.
3. Kids Academy. Book your kids into a Peninsula Kids Academy program. The luxury hotel offers unique and fun activities such as their Pen Kids Scavenger Hunt Questions. Or, try the Little Bakers class where kids get to bake and decorate cookies with the pros. Activities start at $49 per child.
4. Overnight deals. At The Peninsula Chicago, you should also ask your reservationist about the Pen Kids’ overnight packages. Goodies including a cute lime-green backpack emblazoned with a Peter the Bear mascot and stuffed with goodies. Packages also include welcome amenities, a duck or frog-themed bath toy and kid-sized robe and slippers to use during their stay.
5. American Girl perks. All fans of American Girl should know that the Chicago hotel has some special amenities for American Girl dolls, too. Some packages include an American Girl doll bed, ensuring everyone in your party gets a good night’s rest.
Peter Bear, our mascot, is known to visit guest rooms, hold doors and elevators, and greet children in their guest rooms with treats when pre-arranged at arrival.
Our Peninsula Academy Kids’ Program for children includes a variety of activities such as a cooking class with our pastry chef or participation in our scavenger hunt.
Peninsula coloring book, crayons, toys and games are a great way to entertain children.
Child-size Peninsula bathrobes and slippers are perfect for children to relax in after bathing in the tub with our child-friendly bath amenities.
A welcome snack of gummy bears served in a martini glass, and rainbow Jell-O topped with whipped cream and served in tiny shot, are our ways of welcoming your children.