Answers from Our Experts (2)
It’s difficult to list the best things to eat and drink at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago because restaurants at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel switch their menus seasonally and even daily. That being said, here are examples of what you can expect to find during your stay:
1. Truffle Texas toast at Sixteen. There’s no better way to start your day at the Chicago luxury hotel than with this filling decadent spin on eggs Benedict. Instead of English muffins, a thick slice of Texas toast serves as the base for a pile of spinach and roasted tomato, poached egg and the rich hollandaise sauce. But the best part is that chunks of fresh lobster sub for the traditional Canadian bacon.
2. Maine lobster roll at Sixteen. That lobster is so fresh, you’ll want to return to the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant for another seafood helping at lunch. Mixed in a lemon mayo, the lobster is tucked into a toasted New England bun with romaine and honey mustard.
3. Menu Prestige at Sixteen. The best way to sample the internationally influenced American cuisine is by ordering this 12-course prix fixe dinner menu. Dishes change frequently, but you’ll get to indulge in items like roasted duck foie gras with corn and yuzu-ginger-scented popcorn; Scottish pheasant breast with buttered cabbaged, truffled celeriac and jus; and a molasses beignet with ganache, prune and armangac sorbet.
4. Seasonal cocktail from Rebar. Head to the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Chicago hotel’s chic lounge, located on the mezzanine level, and try a seasonal cocktail such as the Spring Thyme, made with sauvignon blanc, white peach and thyme-infused syrup. It’s light, refreshing and oh so good.
5. Sushi from Rebar. Aside from delicious libations, the bar is also known for its sushi menu. Try one of the chef’s choices, such as the blue-fin tuna nigiri or a specialty maki like the soft-shell crab roll.
There are some truly outstanding dishes being prepared throughout the day at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. Should one choose to make the grand tour through the hotel, the following five dishes are not to be missed:
1. Start with a light breakfast in your guest room with eggs as you like them and one of our signature Trump smoothies that come in a fun tumbler that you are allowed to take away as our gift.
2. Move onto an early lunch in Sixteen and indulge in the signature lobster roll served with decadent truffle fries.
3. Should you prefer dinner at Sixteen you will not be disappointed. The menu changes every day and they offer a nightly five-course tasting menu that delights everyone who indulges in it.
4. Later that night, feast on the delicate and innovative sushi being served at Rebar. The popular “platano macho” roll is a trip into the extraordinary with this roll of sweet potato & banana tempura with baked unagi, chives, tobiko and their signature banana unagi dressing.
5. Pair that with one of Rebar’s inventive cocktails, like the “mango avec bière” composed of light and refreshing mango shaken with light rum and topped off with a light white ale.