Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re heading to the Windy City for a luxurious stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, be sure to pack these five things:
1. A camera. Chicago is a city rich with culture and history, and you’ll want to take lots of photos to remember your trip. Whether you snap a shot of the beloved “Bean” sculpture in Millennium Park, capture the lakefront or pose for a group photo after a day of shopping, a camera is necessary travel tool.
2. A heavy-duty coat. If you visit the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel during the brutal winter months, trust us, you’re going to want to bundle up in a down coat or something equally thick. Even the fall and spring evenings experience a drop in temperatures coming off Lake Michigan, so pack a shawl or cardigan to ward off the chill.
3. Walking shoes. Chicago is easy to navigate by foot, so be sure to bring a pair of comfy walking shoes that can last the entire day. Whether you’re touring various museums and landmarks or spending a day shopping on the Magnificent Mile, the last thing you’ll want is uncomfortable shoes causing you to cut your sightseeing short.
4. Some dressy attire. This is a fun city, and what better way to explore it than a night out on the town. Pack a great outfit and head out for a drink at the ultra-chic Rebar, located on the mezzanine level of Trump Chicago. Get a taste for the city and explore the nightlife in the Gold Coast, River North and Loop neighborhoods.
5. Food. A great amenity found in all the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel guest rooms is the kitchen, complete with a flat-top stove, Sub-Zero fridge and Miele dishwasher. If you’re traveling with your family or just love a home-cooked meal, stock up on some groceries and make use of the modern kitchen.