Answers from Our Experts (2)
When you book a stay at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, you can be confident you’ve got a unique hotel experience ahead of you. Even compared to other Chicago hotels, Waldorf Astoria Chicago stands out in a number of ways. Here are the top five things we think you need to know to get the most out of any stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. You won’t find a doorman or bellhop. But don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you have to get your own door and carry up your own luggage; it just means the director of rooms might be escorting you through check-in. The luxury hotel eschews the traditional welcoming system and instead employs a jack-of-all-trades staff, which means any staff member might help you with any certain type of request. The result? Staff members who know how to get practically everything done, regardless of their job title.
2. The hotel has a residential feel. Tucked away in the Gold Coast neighborhood, Waldorf Astoria Chicago has a private-courtyard entrance — complete with an elegant fountain — that almost makes it easy to walk by without knowing the building is a hotel. And staying here, you'll have easy access to the upscale boutiques and restaurants that make the Gold Coast so desirable.
3. There are house cars. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel has a small fleet of Lexus vehicles at your disposal for drop-off within a two-mile radius. Let a driver whisk you down Lake Shore Drive and take in the lakefront and the architecturally stunning skyline en route to your destination.
4. The meeting spaces are standouts. Conferences and private parties held in Waldorf Astoria Chicago’s meeting rooms have an extra degree of elegance compared to most other meeting spaces in Chicago. With custom-designed, double-cushioned Chiavari-style chairs, Christofle flatware and Schott Zwiesel stemware, each table is as pretty as the space it fills (think extravagant chandeliers inspired by Coco Chanel’s jewelry, and a coiffure ceiling resembling a wedding cake).
5. The suites are amazing. It’s almost a universal truth that a suite in any hotel upgrades your experience, but at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, it’s especially true. Most suites feature a furnished balcony or a fireplace, so it’s worth splurging for the added amenities.
Here are five things you should know about Waldorf Astoria Chicago:
1. Tips are politely declined at the property.
2. The chic Gold Coast location offers the perfect balance of neighborhood ambiance in addition to shopping, dining and nightlife options.
3. Guest rooms averaging 980 square feet offer the largest hotel rooms in Chicago.
4. The cuisine of a Michelin award-winning chef is offered throughout the property.
5. The state-of-the-art Waldorf Astoria Spa & Health Club Chicago offers a mosaic-tiled pool, whirlpools, saunas and steam rooms, as well as fitness equipment, a Pilates and Gyrotonic studio and 12 treatment rooms.