Answers from Our Experts (1)
Waldorf Astoria Chicago ensures that kids get the star treatment, too. At booking, tell the reservationist how old and what gender your kids are and they’ll set up some great perks (bath toys, cookies and milk at bedtime) for them. Here are a the best amenities the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel has for children:
1. Kid-sized robes. Even junior guests get the luxury treatment with the kid-sized robes provided in guest rooms (be sure to let the hotel know you’ll be traveling with children).
2. Cookies. Special cookie coupons included in your booking give kids the opportunity to go down to the hotel kitchen to pick up a special batch of fresh treats straight from the chef. Bonus: Kids get a behind-the-scenes look at where the food is made.
3. Movie rentals. For slightly older kids and teens, a coupon for movie rentals of lets them pick their own entertainment, rather than having to watch the same things as Mom and Dad.
4. Pedicab rides. Kids will get a kick out of riding around in the back of a pedicab. It’s a great way to show kids Chicago without having to be in a car and without tiring them out with a full day of walking.
5. Indoor pool. The fourth-floor fitness center has a lap pool kids can swim in, though there won’t be any diving — the pool is just 4 feet 2 inches at its deepest point. You can even order from the in-room kids’ dining menu and have it delivered directly to the pool-area dining table.