Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s hard to pick the five best amenities for Waldorf Astoria Chicago, but we’ll give it our best shot. These are the perks and plusses we like best at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel.
1. The Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin iPod docks. These are found in every room and are a step above an iHome or a nice set of speakers—this stereo system puts out seriously crisp sound.
2. The hotel’s driveway. Talk about a grand entrance. The European-style private cobblestone entrance area features a motor court that’s tucked away from the city’s streets. The custom-designed heating system that melts ice during brutal Chicago winters is pure genius.
3. The Greco-Romanesque spa. The fourth-floor Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa and gym has everything you’ll need to stay in shape or rejuvenate. Custom massages, private training and a full set of heat treatments allow you to leave all the stress of the business world — or a hectic day of shopping — far behind.
4. The cool in-room technology. Besides the great sound system, we love how the TV in the bathroom mirror disappears when you turn it off. We also love the electronic do not disturb sign and the motion-sensor lights. And though it doesn’t really fall into the category of technology, we really appreciate that there is only one button to press on the phone, whether you want room service or extra towels.
5. The beds. Custom Vi-Spring beds in several of the rooms make us want to sleep for days. The British manufacturer uses luxe materials like horsehair, cashmere and silk to craft a sleeping surface unlike any other.