Answers from Our Experts (2)
We loved so many things about our stay at Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Here are the best things about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Gold Coast hotel:
1. The design. The Waldorf is easily one of the most fashionable hotels in the city. Designed by famed architect Lucien Lagrange, the hotel has a grand Parisian feeling and scale that starts at the old-fashioned motor court. The lobby and interiors by Simeone Deary Design Group sparkle with nickel ribbon walls, gorgeous chandeliers inspired by Coco Chanel’s jewelry, soft velvet seating and enormous classical busts that are pure modern glam.
2. The spa. The dazzling Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa inside the luxury hotel draws both locals and hotel guests looking to escape the urban jungle with treatments such as lava shell massages and traditional men’s shaves.
3. The pool. A narrow pink mosaic pool is housed in its own wing with chaise lounges and daybeds for relaxing with a book or magazine. There’s enough room to swim a few laps or simply take a refreshing dip.
4. The location. The Waldorf is located in the heart of Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood within walking distance of lots of shopping and restaurants. The city’s designer-lined Oak Street is right outside the door and famous restaurants such as Spiaggia are just down the block.
5. The party spaces. When the hotel opened as The Elysian in 2009, it quickly became the go-to spot for weddings and things haven’t slowed down since. With custom-designed Chiavari-style chairs with double cushions, Christofle flatware and Schott Zwiesel stemware, each table in the ballroom is as pretty as the exquisite chandeliers inspired by Coco Chanel’s jewelry and a coiffure ceiling that resembles a wedding cake.
The five things we love most about Waldorf Astoria Chicago are its: European courtyard; the warm and intuitive staff; our spacious, elegantly-appointed guest rooms; the 14,000 square-foot spa; and the award-winning dining options RIA and Balsan.