Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you want a massage at Chuan Spa at The Langham, Chicago, you have to choose whether you want to go the traditional route or try some signature treatments. For one-of-a-kind signatures, try one of these:
1. Chuan Neck, Back and Shoulder massage (30 minutes), ideal as an add-on to other treatments, or for those with limited time.
2. Chuan Balancing massage (60 or 90 minutes), incorporating acupressure techniques into traditional massage methods.
3. Chuan Harmony massage (60 or 90 minutes), which is designed to stimulate meridian harmony — the focal point of mind-body wellness.
4. Chuan Stone Therapy massage (90 minutes), utilizing hot (yang) and cold (yin) stones to increase circulation and increase mental awareness, all incorporated into a therapeutic massage.
If you want a traditional massage, peruse these offerings at the Chicago spa:
1. Swedish massage (60 or 90 minutes), focusing on relaxation with long, gliding movements.
2. Therapeutic massage (60 or 90 minutes), targeting individual muscle concerns using widely effective muscle tension treatments.
3. Pre-natal massage (60 or 90 minutes), to assist in soothing away the stresses affiliated with pregnancy, especially focusing on the lower back, lower legs and feet.
4. Deep tissue massage (60 or 90 minutes), the Western-style rubdown focusing on relieving chronic pain and tension.