Answers from Our Experts (1)
From the cozy relaxation areas to the invigorating steam rooms, The Peninsula Spa Chicago has a wealth of amenities. Here are five of our favorites from the Four-Star spa:
1. Relaxation area. Before you’re escorted to your treatment room, take advantage of this amazing area overlooking the pool. Dark wood floors, a cozy fire, tasty nuts and dried fruit and natural light streaming in welcome you as you wait. You’ll have a hard time not falling asleep after sinking into one of the plush beds.
2. Service. From the moment you walk into the spa on the 20th floor of The Peninsula Chicago until the moment you check out, a staff member will be near and eager to assist you. The front desk greets you promptly with kindness and answers any questions you may have and you can expect the attendant in the locker room to be personable and helpful (they tracked down the perfect size slippers for us) without intruding on your privacy. Every staff member greeted us and asked if there was anything we needed, and after our treatment we were asked if we wanted a glass of refreshing cucumber water before going back to the relaxation area.
3. Locker rooms. Store your belongings in electronic wooden lockers and get ready for your spa day in spacious areas. Lounge and read a magazine if you’re not ready to head upstairs to the relaxation area or grab a iced washcloth and accompanying cold cucumbers for the steam room. After your treatment, wash off in the tiled and spacious showers and use the complementary dental kit, deodorant, shave kits and more.
4. Treatment rooms. The secluded rooms are perfect for your relaxation to reach its max. Soft, low lighting and wood floors wait for you, with music playing throughout the experience that’s customizable to your mood whether it is the volume or type.
5. Fitness areas. Get to The Peninsula Spa Chicago early and take advantage of the great gym with windows offering beautiful lake views. Or head down to the pool and hot tub steps away from the locker rooms for a quick lap in the pool or to lounge on the deck. Note that to use the fitness center and pool you must have a minimum of two hours of treatments, which shouldn’t be hard considering the wealth of options for your spa day.