Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Broadmoor offers so many activities, you might not be able to fit them all in during your stay. To help you decide on an itinerary, we’ve compiled a list of the five best activities at this Five-Star hotel:
1. Sports. Whether you want to practice your swing on the links or the courts, The Broadmoor has you covered. It offers world-class golf with three championship 18-hole courses — one of which was designed by the firm of Jack Nicklaus, who clinched his first national title at The Broadmoor in 1959 — and top tennis facilities with six courts and staff pros galore. Needless to say, it scores high with club- and racket-swingers.
2. The pools. You’ll stay submerged in the water at the hotel: Besides the handsomely sculpted infinity pool, there’s a wading basin, slide-lined mini water park, year-round indoor pool and heated outdoor lap pool. In case you feel like heating up instead of cooling down, jump into one of The Broadmoor’s three hot tubs.
3. Cheyenne Lake. If you can’t get enough of the water, rent paddleboats at the dock and tootle around Cheyenne Lake. Rowing around among the beautiful swans is a special treat.
4. Movie night. There’s fun to be had beyond the sun as well: An onsite movie theater offers a nightly showing; three different new releases are featured each week. The theater tacks on matinees in inclement weather as a bonus. All of the flicks are PG-13 or lower, so bring the kids and get some popcorn.
5. Holiday events. Come Yuletide, Breakfast with Santa precedes the annual family-friendly dinner show, A Classic Broadmoor Christmas. The holiday tale pulls out all the stops with a pops orchestra, a local children’s chorus and an appearance by the jolly old elf himself.
Golf is the most popular activity offered at The Broadmoor and is actually available year-round — weather permitting — which is a surprise to many who think of Colorado as only for skiing. Spa is second to golf in popularity, with a year-round indoor pool and outdoor lap pool. Tennis is also played year round with two of our six courts covered in winter. Dining is a destination at The Broadmoor with 18 restaurants, cafés and lounges. Rounding out the top five is shopping at one of 25 unique retail boutiques.