Answers from Our Experts (2)
Shoppers, get ready to drop some cash at The Broadmoor’s own mini mall. The Shops at The Broadmoor’s 20 specialty boutiques will provide plenty of ways to spend your money. Here’s our list of the five best things to purchase during your stay:
1. Leather furniture. Bulky leather furniture may not be on your list of souvenirs to pick up at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort. But when you see The Broadmoor’s bespoke, tooled leather chairs and ottomans as well as the cashmere throws that adorn them, you’ll wish you had them at home. Order the furniture at The Broadmoor Lifestyle Shop.
2. Unusual materials. Gibson’s Mineral Gallery is a sure bet for a one-of-a-kind memento. The gallery is filled with such striking objets d'art as gleaming petrified wood and malachite coffee tables and sparkling amethyst geodes.
3. Jewelry. If you prefer to treat yourself with gems, check out Villiers Jewelry. Precious stones abound at the shop; ask about the unique pieces on display.
4. Gourmet food. After picking up bling at Villiers, head across the way to Cheyenne Gourmet. It’s filled with locally made products that serve as savory souvenirs.
5. Western flair. Stop by Spirit of the West, where the Colorado Rocky Mountains meets Santa Fe with luxury cowgirl-themed clothing, accessories and jewelry. Get into the spirit of your rustic surroundings with leather fringe, turquoise, cowboy hats and fur-lined and fleeced barn jackets.
Take home a piece of The Broadmoor with any item from The Broadmoor Lifestyle shop. Here you can purchase just about everything the hotel uses from comfy slippers and robes to the custom Serta mattresses and bedding. Broadmoor logo wear from the Signature Shop and items featuring The Golden Bee are popular with guests. For history buffs and Broadmoor lovers, The Broadmoor Memories Book is a great way to brush up on Broadmoor trivia and remember all of the unique details of the hotel while you’re away.