Answers from Our Experts (1)
Menus change along with the season at many of The Broadmoor’s restaurants, so what’s best now may be gone tomorrow. Still, a few dishes can be singled out, so here’s our list of the best things to eat and drink at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Fish and chips. Golden Bee’s light, crisp, ale-battered cod and chips, accompanied by house made tartar sauce and mushy peas, is just perfect.
2. Trout. Try Summit’s highly popular “angry trout” with lardons, pine nuts and braised chard in sauce grenobloise.
3. Cocktails with Campari. Ristorante del Lago’s mixologists are also making a name for themselves with a cutting-edge bar program. Try a Bicicletta - Campari, Pinot Grigio, soda or the Sanguinello - Campari, Limoncello — any cocktail with housemade limoncello is a winner.
4. Antipasti Misti. Whether it's a meal for one or for the whole table, there is something for everyone on the menu. The formaggio and salumi aging room boasts authentic cheeses and Prosciutto imported straight from artisan producers in Italy.
5. Bread and pastries. Don't skip the bread basket at any of The Broadmoor's casual or fine-dining restaurants, because this Five-Star resort takes baking seriously. A specialized, onsite bakery churns out 700 buns and up to 200 baguettes a day — for starters. It also produces a different type of bread for each restaurant, in flavors such as honey wheat, rosemary salt and pumpernickel. And don't miss the raspberry-filled Matcha green tea yogurt donut - simply divine!