Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s relatively obvious that The Broadmoor flaunts a kid-friendly demeanor despite its Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, so here’s a list of the five best amenities for kids:
1. Kid concierge. The Broadmoor’s dedicated kids’ concierge tends to the needs of minors and can fill parents in on the Bee Bunch, the hotel’s onsite recreational day camp, as well as in-room babysitting services.
2. Entertainment for loan. While many a hotel lobby features tables with built-in chess and checkers, the concierge desk also loans out age-appropriate board games, books and DVDs.
3. Movie screenings. Speaking of movies, the theater in the Main Complex screens three new releases every week, all rated PG-13 or lower.
4. Slide Mountain. Prefer the outdoors? Adjacent to the infinity pool are both a wading pool, just right for budding swimmers, and the mini-water park that is Slide Mountain, which does have a 44-inch height requirement. There’s also a playground on the northern edge of the property.
5. Holiday weekend activities. Above all, holiday weekends at The Broadmoor are packed with family activities, from paddleboat races in the summer to holiday craft parties and story times in December.