Answers from Our Experts (1)
Visitors to Doha won’t be hard-pressed to find places to stay that suit their needs, although you may have to dig deep in your pockets to afford it. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ choices for the five of the best places to stay in Doha.
1. Four Seasons Hotel Doha. Though the city offers many luxury hotels, the Four Seasons Hotel Doha possesses a kind of timeless, Oriental-European charm along with a pool so splendid — with slides, waterfalls and more — that you won’t even want to visit the hotel’s private beach.
2. W Doha Hotel. Like the Four Seasons, the W is located in the West Bay neighborhood, the city’s urban hotspot. It’s utterly sleek and modern, with indulgent pampering services, state-of-the-art gyms and solid restaurants and cafés.
3. Hotel Souq Waqif. If you’d rather swap modern amenities for cultural immersion, the Hotel Souq Waqif, located right in the heart of the city’s traditional market of the same name, offers quaint, antique accommodation. Its location is truly ideal — you’ll only have to walk outside the hotel door to explore Qatari history and culture.
4. Sharq Village & Spa. This truly exceptional Doha hotel will transport you to the 19th-century Orient; it’s designed like a traditional Qatari village and guests can meander about in the hotel’s very own Arabic bazaar. Plus it’s located only five minutes from the airport.
5. Shezan Hotel. Shezan is conveniently located about six miles from the airport and close to the city's waterfront walkway, the Corniche. The hotel is small and the decor looks somewhat outdated, but it is a good value for those who want more wallet-friendly accommodations. Locals rave about the hotel restaurant's Pakistani cuisine.