Answers from Our Experts (1)
Doha is one of the most child-friendly cities in the Middle East — as it should be, since most Qataris favor large families. Read on for Forbes Travel Guide editors’ choices for the top five things to do with kids in Doha.
1. Doha Zoo. Your kids can learn all about the animal and plant life in Qatar at the charming Doha Zoo, which is also home to exotic animals from Africa and elsewhere. There is even a kid’s zone equipped with slides and swings. Your tots will also have fun feeding and petting rabbits, camels and donkeys.
2. Aqua Park Qatar. If you visit during the summer and Doha’s sweltering heat starts to get to you, head to Aqua Park Qatar, where your kids will love splashing about and getting soaking wet down twisting slides.
3. Circusland. Located inside Doha’s Landmark Shopping Mall, this mini amusement park has bumper cars, carousels and arcade games. Let the kids play as you and your spouse chow down on fast food at the food court.
4. City Center Doha. Desperate to escape the sizzling sun? Check out Doha’s premiere mall, where many Qataris spend most of their summer. As Doha’s largest mall, you can browse five floors of high street fashion while your tots twirl and glide around the expansive ice skating rink on the bottom floor.
5. Rumeila Park. Whether you fancy a family picnic or are just sick and tired of the city’s chaotic traffic, Rumeila Park will keep children of all ages entertained. Locals say it offers the best children’s play area in Doha, and teens can show off their skills on the skateboarding half-pipe while mom and dad take a lazy stroll through the gorgeous water garden. Heritage Village, a faux traditional Qatari village, is located at the south end of the park and showcases arts, crafts and the occasional folksong performance.