Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you pack your bags for Little Palm Island’s amazing accommodations, here are a few things to know about the property:
1. Laid-back service. While staff may not be the most formal or eloquent, they offer a relaxed vibe that you can’t help but emulate while experiencing the property. Often seen in personal clothing of khaki shorts and button-up fishing shirts, or maybe a logoed T, staff adhere to the island atmosphere.
2. Technology-free. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available around the island, however small electronics are frowned upon. You’ll find it becoming easier and easier to leave your phone and iPads in your room while you fully soak up the natural scenery. Keeping with this tranquil vibe, the rooms are also free of televisions. However, if you’re in need of a fix, a flat-screen television can be found behind a curtain in the library on the island.
3. Keep the children at home. To maintain the serene atmosphere guests enjoy, Little Palm Island Resort & Spa serves as an adults-only property. Teenagers over the age of 16 are welcome, though most guests we saw were over the age of 21.
4. Enjoy the wildlife. Human interaction is few and far between, but the local key deer are quick to welcome you to the property and become especially gregarious when food is around. Equally friendly geckos and songbirds are happy to join you on your patio for a day in the sun as well.
5. Restaurant is open to the public. Though privacy is key throughout the property, guests should be advised that the restaurant and lounge are open to off-property guests. Weekends become especially busy because of the popular brunch.