Answers from Our Experts (1)
The French Riviera is dotted with elegant restaurants helmed by star chefs who use the region’s superb produce to create inventive, ambitious menus. One could make quite the gastronomical crawl between Monaco and St. Tropez. Here, Forbes Travel Guide has a list of the five best places to eat on the French Riviera:
1. Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse. Le Louis XV inside the world-famous Hôtel de Paris may be chef Alain Ducasse’s best restaurant. The opulent dining room drips with luxury. Expect to see men in jackets and well-dressed ladies dining on the sublime Mediterranean cuisine.
2. Joël Robuchon Monte-Carlo. Celebrity chef Joël Robuchon’s Monte Carlo outpost is located in the luxe Hôtel Metropole. Expect favorites like the chef’s famous mashed potatoes, as well as all kinds of seasonal surprises. The intimate dining room features views of the water.
3. La Palme d’Or. Located at the classic Hotel Martinez and named after the film festival’s top prize, La Palme d’Or is one of the most famous restaurants in Cannes. Chef Christian Sinicropi’s seasonal cuisine is a pure delight, as is the indoor/outdoor Art Deco setting.
4. Chantecler. Located in the famous Hôtel Le Negresco in Nice, chef Jean-Denis Rieubland offers imaginative and beautifully presented dishes in the elegant Regency-style setting. The restaurant is open for lunch on Sunday.
5. Restaurant Colette. Chef Pierre Gagnaire opened this cool, contemporary restaurant back in 2010 in the Hotel Sezz. Chef Patrick Cuissard uses the finest ingredients to create dishes such as farm chicken stuffed with foie gras and truffles, and beef fillet with anchovy butter and sweet and sour pickles.