Answers from Our Experts (1)
From champagne soaked beach parties in St. Tropez to the glamorous casinos in Cannes and Monaco, the French Riviera is of course legendary for its nightlife. You’ll find no shortage of all-night parties and dance clubs, as well as quieter spots where you can simply sip your kir and enjoy the salt air. And if opera or classical music is more your thing, there’s plenty of that, too. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the best nightlife in the French Riviera:
1. Le Quai, St. Tropez. Situated just a stone’s throw from the port of St. Tropez, Le Quai is a bar and restaurant that transforms into a club destination for all when the live entertainment – a band or DJ – arrives. While inside, the bar and dance floor consistently draw a fun crowd at night; outside, the sailboats and yachts rock calmly in their slips of the picturesque harbor.
2. Le Pastis, Cannes. If you’re looking for a laid back experience in Cannes, Le Pastis is a traditional French bistro to relax and enjoy a cocktail. It’s a nice spot for an aperitif or quick nightcap.
3. Palm Beach Casino, Cannes. The lavish entryway of the Palm Beach Casino in Cannes gives way to one of the unique points of attraction for many French Riviera visitors: slot machines. Whether you’re there to test your luck or simply enjoy some people-watching, the casinos of the French Riviera are not to be missed.
4. La Havane, Nice. This little hangout is perched just above the Promenade des Anglais in the old town, perfect for a late-night cocktail or people-watching.
5. Opéra de Nice: The massive façade of the Nice opera house, with ornate trimmings and delicate sculptures, houses ballet, opera and concert performances throughout the year, both night and day.