Answers from Our Experts (1)
From a wide selection of fine dining restaurants to great cafés and brasseries, Geneva hits the spot.
1. Auberge du Lion d’Or. A duo of creative chefs runs this modern restaurant just off Lake Léman where they create modern dishes like Florentine lamb with thyme and foie gras sautéed with nougat.
2. Le Chat-Botté. Considered the best French restaurant in town, the whimsically named Puss in Boots restaurant in the Beau Rivage Hotel features acclaimed chef Dominique Gauthier’s inventive cuisine. A recent menu featured Brittany’s famed blue lobster with a chilled Thai basil soup, stuffed zucchini blossoms with Parmesan foam and a soft cake with basil and vineyard peaches.
3. Les Armures. If you want to devote one meal to traditional Swiss specialties, Les Armures in the Old Town hotel of the same name is the place to go. You’ll find raclette, fondue, lake perch à la meuinère and veal in creamy mushroom sauce at this popular spot in a 17th century building.
4. Rasoi by Vineet. The exquisite spices of India combined with French technique make Rasoi by chef Vineet Bhatia an internationally award-winning restaurant. Chutney crab, duck grilled with spices and gunpowder scallops are among the delights at this modern and elegant restaurant.
5. Le Clos de Sens. This modern restaurant and inn has a clean and harmonious aesthetic that extends to the cuisine. Choose between a tasting menu with cryptically named courses like iced garden or crayfish and caviar in the box or choose bone marrow or mackerel with white wine film from the à la carte menu.