Answers from Our Experts (1)
With its big blue lake, lots of green parks, and kid-friendly culture, Geneva offers many fun activities to enjoy as a family. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the best things to do with kids in Geneva:
1. Ride the train. Your kids will get a kick out Le Petit Train, a red and black solar powered train that runs from along the lake’s left bank from Jardin Anglais to Parc Eaux-Vives.
2. Tour a Chocolate Factory. It won’t take too much convincing to get the family excited about a visit a real chocolate factory. Check out Favarger, a master Swiss chocolatier.
3. See the Botanical Gardens. With over 16,000 plant and varieties, visiting Geneva’s Botanical Gardens is like discovering another world.
4. Go on a scientific adventure. Spark the curiosity of future scientists with a tour of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN). Be sure to book online in advance as tours fill up quickly.
5. Visit Lake Léman. Rent bikes for an active tour around the paths of Lake Léman, ride the Mouettes Genevois ferry boats or cool off with a quick dip in the water along the way.