Answers from Our Experts (1)
Filled with history and the personal spirit of its founders, Milton and Catherine “Kitty” Hershey, The Hotel Hershey is an interesting place. Here are five things worth knowing:
1. The hotel is inspired by places that Milton Hershey visited during his years starting the famous chocolate company, including Egypt, the Mediterranean and Cuba. You see influences of his around-the-world adventures in the hotel’s Mediterranean-inspired green roof, Spanish tile floors and open terraces.
2. The luxury Pennsylvania hotel completed its grand expansion in 2009, adding $67 million worth of amenities in honor of its 75th anniversary. New features include the Grand Veranda and an outdoor pool complex.
3. The hotel is refurbishing all the guest rooms in the main building. Rooms in the West Tower are complete, while those in the remainder of the building are schedule to be revamped by May 2012.
4. When you stay at the Hotel Hershey, you will have free access to Hershey Gardens, 23 acres filled with a rose garden with more than 5,600 blooms and a Japanese garden with reflecting pond, sequoias and Japanise maples. You’ll also have entry into Hershey Story, a museum about a real-life Willy Wonka, Milton Hershey.
5. Another perk of staying at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is the Hershey Resorts Advantage program, which gives you discounted tickets and early entry to Hersheypark and priority access to renting a cabana at the Boardwalk at Hersheypark.