Answers from Our Experts (2)
With its special blend of whimsy and elegance, The Hotel Hershey successfully toes the delicate line between family resort and luxury hotel. It’s one of the reasons we love the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. Here are several more:
1. The architecture. Milton and Catherine “Kitty” Hershey envisioned a hotel based on their world travels. You’ll see this connection immediately at the Hotel Hershey with its Mediterranean-inspired green roof, Spanish tile floors and open terraces. The whole scene is an unexpected warm breeze among the green hills of Central Pennsylvania.
2. The view. No matter which side your room faces, the hotel’s perch atop Pat’s Hill gives it a stellar, sweeping view of Hershey and the surrounding countryside.
3. The convenience. Most visitors to Hershey come seeking chocolate, and the hotel’s location and affiliation with the factory, amusement park and other attractions make planning a snap.
4. The chocolate. From in-hotel shops to turndown service to, of course, the amazing dessert menu at the Four-Star Circular Dining Room, the hotel embraces its cocoa-covered history and shares it with you. Those with a sweet tooth will find pure sugary bliss here.
5. The family feel. While there’s no debating this is a luxury hotel, the welcoming ambiance and planned activities for younger guests (think summertime bonfires and s’mores) allow families to find an upscale hotel with balance.
The five things we love most about The Hotel Hershey are:
1. Its history. The Hotel Hershey was built by Milton S. Hershey, an American icon. It’s inspired by his travels around the world.
2. It’s fun. The Hotel Hershey is an official resort of Hersheypark, offering the best price on Hersheypark tickets, transportation to and from the park, and early admission as part of Hersheypark Sweet Start.
3. Chocolate. From the Hershey’s Chocolate Bar at check-in, to the Hershey’s Kisses on your pillow at turndown, to the signature chocolate treatments at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey (affectionately known as The Chocolate Spa), to the Le Vian chocolate diamonds at The Jeweler, to the many delicious chocolate culinary delights in our restaurants, there are so many unique ways to enjoy chocolate at The Hotel Hershey.
4. Recreation. The Hotel Hershey has a playground, sports complex, pool, year-round ice skating rink, hiking trails and bike rentals. Kids also have their own space and programs at our Cocoa Clubhouse, and Hershey Outfitters offers adults and families additional options, including paintball, GPS scavenger hunts and ropes courses.
5. Exceptional dining. While at The Hotel Hershey, enjoy our four restaurants; our signature chocolate drinks, desserts and infused entrées; and our year-round calendar of culinary events.