Answers from Our Experts (1)
The contents of your suitcase should depend on the time of year, but there are a few essentials we recommend no matter when you visit The Hotel Hershey. Here’s what to start packing now:
1. A swimsuit. Take advantage of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s two pools. The more tranquil choice is the indoor pool and hot tub by the spa in the West Tower. For a more raucous pool party, head to the outdoor pool complex. It features an adult infinity pool, a whirlpool, a family pool, water slides and a kids’ spray area.
2. An upscale outfit. The dress code in the hotel’s Circular Dining Room is resort casual, so if you want to dig into the roasted lobster at the Four-Star restaurant, bring the appropriate attire. Guys, this means slacks and a collared shirt; women can throw on a casual dress or pants and a blouse.
3. Comfortable sneakers. You’re likely in Hershey to explore the 110 acres of Hersheypark, which is less than a mile from the hotel. Though you’ll also need those walking shoes to check out the Hershey Story, a museum dedicated to candy man Milton Hershey, and Hershey Gardens, 23 acres of pure beauty. Bonus: Hotel guests get free entry to both attractions.
4. An outdoorsy outfit. The luxury Pennsylvania hotel is perched on a hill with a view of the Central Pennsylvania countryside. Get a closer look and tackle the hiking and walking trails surrounding the property.
5. An extra bag. You can’t walk out of Hershey without chocolate for the trip home (and then some). Visit the shops to load up on Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kisses and five-pound bricks of Hershey’s famous chocolate bars.