Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you're not soaking up the rays on the beach or exploring the wildlife on a bike, Hilton Head Islandâs best food experiences revolve around the seafood caught at the popular fishing destination. The best five Hilton Head food experiences you can have are:
1) For a fresh, unique experience, book a fishing charter to catch your own fish, where youâll then take it to a local restaurant to cook up for you on the spot, or to take back to your rental property if you have access to a grill or kitchen. Itâs the most hands-on wayâliterallyâto enjoy a meal on the island.
2) Look for places with amazing views, such as Topside at the Quarterdeck. With seemingly endless coastline to enjoy, why not take advantage and dine adjacent to the crashing waves?
3) You can find oysters served almost every way imaginable in Hilton Head, such as oyster shooters to start your meal, steamed, Rockefellerï¿½the list is endless!
3) Visiting the South means enjoying the best of what Lowcountry cuisine has to offer. Enjoy shrimp and grits during your stay for a truly Southern experience that you wonât soon forget.
4) Southerners have their own special Carolina barbeque sauce, so be sure to try this specialty vinegar and mustard based concoction during your stay on Hilton Head Island.
5) Donât leave the island without trying she-crab soup.. This Southern staple originated in neighboring Charleston, South Carolina, and many restaurants recreate this classic with their own twist. Chances are, youâll be able to sample several kinds throughout your vacation.