Answers from Our Experts (1)
Hilton Head Island is known as a family-friendly destination; however, couples looking for romantic restaurants can still find places to enjoy a great date night. We suggest these five restaurants in Hilton Head for a romantic evening:
1) Catch 22 offers an artistic atmosphere, locally caught seafood, and a high-end menu including duck, lobster, and a bone-in filet.
2) For a stunning view, request a window table at Topside at the Quarterdeck. You will be rewarded with a panoramic setting of the Calibogue Sound, Harbour Town Marina, and famous 18th hole of the Harbour Town Golf Links—a popular wedding ceremony venue on Hilton Head Island.
3) Red Fish offers some outdoor dining complete with outdoor fireplaces, sure to add a warm glow to your intimate meal. They have an extensive wine list and a great menu, including Lowcountry shrimp and grits or grilled sea bass.
4) For a unique wine-centered meal, check out Wine Times 4, showcasing the Enomatic Wine Systems which allows you to self-serve its large selection of wines by the taste, half glass, or full glass. The sampling of vino serves as a lovely prelude before, during and after your tapas that are perfect for sharing, such as artisan cheese plates, mussels, or a new daily selection of tapas.
5) Chart House is another waterfront dining option that offers consistently good food and a postcard-worthy view of Skull Creek, a popular boating, fishing, and kayaking area.