Answers from Our Experts (1)
Ideally located in Hong Kong’s lively Central District on the Victoria Harbour waterfront, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is well within reach of many of the city’s best things to see and do. Here are our favorites.
1. Shopping opportunities near the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel are outstanding. The hotel is connected to the International Finance Centre, a Hong Kong landmark with a sprawling shopping mall that includes boutiques and popular global brands such as Apple, Brooks Brothers, Tiffany & Co. and many others. The historic Pedder Building, home to a number of outlet stores and designer shops, is also within a 10-minute walk, while some of Hong Kong’s renowned street markets, including the Jade Market and Ladies’ Market, are a short 10- to 20-minute drive away.
2. The tram station for iconic Victoria Peak, which looms over Hong Kong at 1,805 feet above sea level, is a quick 20-minute drive from the hotel. At the top, the wok-shaped Peak Tower commands premier panoramic views of the city and houses a number of excellent shops and restaurants, as well as popular tourist attractions like Madame Tussauds.
3. Take a five-minute walk to the Star Ferry station and cruise across Victoria Harbour to Tsim Sha Tsui. Views of the downtown skyline behind you are spectacular, and both the Hong Kong Museum of Art and Hong Kong Science Museum are highly recommended stops once you’re in Kowloon.
4. Kowloon is also the best place in the city to take in Hong Kong’s unbelievable Symphony of Lasers light show, which happens daily at 8 p.m. Find a spot on the waterfront at the Avenue of Stars, located at the Tsim Sha Tsui boardwalk.
5. Lan Kwai Fong, one of the city’s most vibrant areas for restaurants and nightlife, is a short 10-minute stroll from the hotel.