Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five things to know for any guest heading to Hotel Icon in Hong Kong, are:
1. Location. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is located among many other hotels in the bustling Tsim Sha Tsui East neighborhood. An MTR station is nearby, and a hotel shuttle runs every 20 minutes throughout the day to ferry guests to Harbour City mall and the nearest Airport Express station.
2. View. Around 80 percent of all rooms offer views of Victoria Harbour, but the best views are enjoyed from the 38 Harbour rooms, which have the beds actually positioned to face a wall of windows.
3. Club access. It’s worth it to splurge for access to Above & Beyond, the club lounge on the top 28th floor of the hotel. Club rooms include private check in (the lobby can get busy during registration time), breakfast in an exclusive area, and complimentary evening cocktails and canapés overlooking Victoria Harbour.
4. Save some room. Dining options at the restaurant include the buzzy yet laidback Green for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and cocktails, or the all day dining venue The Market’s tempting buffet specializing in Southeast Asian fare. A more refined meal can be enjoyed on the 28th floor at the Cantonese restaurant.
5. Explore the technology. The hotel offers a complimentary smartphone app that allows guests to check their folio and browse facility information on the go, as well as an exclusive television portal wherein guests can review weather and flight information, read the room service menu and more.