Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five best things about Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Icon are:
1. Living garden. The lush display of greenery by designer Patrick Blanc crawls three stories up the wall of the lobby, injecting the already-buzzy lobby with liveliness and whimsy.
2. Recreation facilities. It’s a pleasure to work out in the double-story gym on the ninth floor of the hotel, which features glittering mosaic-tiled walls and professional grade equipment by Technogym. But it’s even better to refresh afterward in the outdoor pool that overlooks Victoria Harbour.
3. Clean-lined design. The spacious rooms have a clean and contemporary design, with sleek wooden paneling, a curved sliding door closing off the bathroom and a neutral color scheme.
4. Well-trained staff. Staff at the hotel are quick to smile and greet guests by their names, whether on the phone or in passing by the elevator bank. With a number of interns from the hospitality program at the neighboring university, the hotel offers plenty of personal attention to its guests.
5. Local contemporary artwork. An art directory is included in each guest room, pointing out the paintings, sculptures and various artwork by local Hong Kong artists around the hotel, such as the ink paintings of clouds in the Timeless lounge on the 9th floor.