Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many things to explore when you stay at Island Shangri-La, from the seven restaurants to the top notch fitness center and outdoor pool. Here are a few things you should know before you check in.
1. Island Shangri-La is one of two Shangri-La hotels in Hong Kong. The other is the Four-Star Kowloon Shangri-La, and it is located in the East Tsim Tsa Shui neighborhood on the opposite side of the harbor from Island Shangri-La.
2. Restaurant Petrus is one of Hong Kong's most special and romantic restaurants. The formal dining room is located on the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel's 56th floor and has incredible views to go along with its refined French food and attentive service.
3. Island Shangri-La is not really walking distance to anything aside from the Admiralty MTR stop, shopping at Pacific Place and Hong Kong Park, but taxis and the MTR will get you where you need to go in a snap.
4. That alluring fragrance you'll notice the minute you walk through Island Shangri-La's door can be found throughout all Shangri-La hotel — it's a signature white tea concoction that can be purchased in the gift store and brought home if you're a fan.
5. Though formal and sophisticated, Island Shangri-La's friendly, accommodating staff makes you feel at home. So while the rooms are filled with gorgeous, Chinese antiques, and there are plenty of chandeliers to be found throughout the space, you still feel like you can kick back and relax.