Answers from Our Experts (1)
Island Shangri-La has a formal, old world style that sets it apart from other Hong Kong hotels. If you’re considering a stay at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, factor in to your decision this list of the things we love most about Island Shangri-La.
1. The pool. Though the hotel is situated amidst a cluster of skyscrapers in Hong Kong’s Central neighborhood, its location across from leafy Hong Kong Park makes the hotel’s heated, outdoor, 90-foot-long pool feel like an urban oasis.
2. It’s family-friendly. In a town where business rules, this is one hotel that actually caters to and welcomes families, with services such as babysitting available.
3. The residential vibe. There are so many spaces to relax outside of your room, the whole hotel begins to feel like your abode (maybe it’s the signature white tea scent used throughout the hotel that makes it feel so welcoming). The business center is like having an extra living room, and there’s even a lounge off the lobby for sitting back with a drink and a grassy knoll near the pool for a little green space.
4. The location. Island Shangri-La is located in a tower that rises above Central’s Pacific Place shopping center, which houses an array of luxury shops such as British department store Harvey Nichols and boutiques like Bottega Veneta and Diane von Furstenberg. There’s even a movie theater and a slew of restaurants to try inside Pacific Place, should you want entertainment beyond Island Shangri-La’s walls.
5. The mini-bar. We’re easily won over by hotels that offer small little touches to make you feel more at home, like the complimentary drinks and local beers stocked in the mini-bars in the rooms.