Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Shangri-La hotel group is known for its quality amenities, and Kowloon Shangri-La is no exception. Here’s what we think are the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s five best:
1. All the in-room amenities. If you’ve forgotten any toiletry or office supply from home, we bet your hotel room will be stocked with it. Bathrooms here feature everything you’ll need from dental and shaving kits to combs and hair bands, while office drawers are stocked with highlighters, paper clips, staplers and more. Add in the extra in-room touches like an electric kettle, iron and ironing board and even a printer, and you’ve basically got a home away from home.
2. Shang Palace. The hotel’s highly acclaimed Cantonese eatery offers everything from lobster in black bean sauce to dim sum — the small dumplings, buns and snacks served with tea that we can’t get enough of while in Hong Kong. Spend a weekend morning sampling some of the city’s best dim sum at the lower level restaurant.
3. The gym. The compact gym, which is open 24 hours a day, offers all the workout equipment you’d need from rowing machines to ellipticals. The locker rooms also offer a sauna and steam room, plus relaxing areas, and you can have a quick massage or traditional Chinese reflexology on your feet.
4. The 24-hour room service. The menu spans the globe, offering items such as chicken tikka, nigiri sushi, Parma ham and melon, wonton noodle soup and risotto along with standards like Caesar salad and a simple club sandwich. For a taste of Hong Kong, try the Hainanese chicken rice followed by the unique osmanthus jelly. You can also order signature dishes from the hotel’s restaurants Nadaman and Shang Palace.
5. The 24-hour butler service. Every room at the hotel is equipped with a butler call button should you need an extra razor, firmer pillow or have a detailed request that needs tending to. Staff arrives exceptionally quickly to your room and caters to your every need with a smile.